Politico

Conway ‘confident’ there will be no government shutdown

Written by Lisa

Kellyanne Conway would not say Friday whether funding for the proposed border wall was a must-have in the funding bill, but the counselor to President Donald Trump expressed confidence there would not be a government shutdown.

In response to a question from Fox News’ Bill Hemmer Friday about whether funding for the proposed border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border is a demand from the White House, Conway punted to Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney.

“I’m going to let OMB Director Mick Mulvaney and the president and others address that,” Conway said, “but we’re confident that the government will not be shut down next week.”

Conway also told Hemmer that the Trump administration is getting closer to passing a health care bill designed to repeal and replace Obamacare, which the administration pulled last month after it failed to secure enough Republican votes. Conway declined to say how many votes the administration had in support of the latest effort, but said the count was “better” than it was in March.

“You have people at the table negotiating with each other, different provisions, there have been amendments added to the bill since last month and it is better,” Conway said.

Continue

About the author

Lisa

Leave a Comment